The safety of anyone attending our Annual Meeting and the San Francisco community is our priority. To this end, we’re planning to follow industry-wide health and safety standards, as well as the stricter of any recommendations and requirements from federal, state, and local authorities. APA also reserves the right to require additional precautions prior to and during the in-person event. More details will be posted soon, but please be aware of and prepare now for the following precautions:
- Vaccine requirement: All individuals attending the APA’s 2023 Annual Meeting must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., completion of a COVID-19 vaccine primary series) and must follow any health and safety protocols established by APA. By entering the event, you attest and affirm that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Self-assessments: Everyone who attends our meeting is expected to do a simple self-assessment for COVID symptoms every day, and if they experience symptoms, they should not attend and should follow CDC guidance.
- The Moscone Convention Center is a GBAC STAR™ facility, an accreditation provided by the Global BioRisk Advisory Council, a division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association. The program certifies that the facility is implementing the industry’s highest standards of cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention for infectious agents such as COVID-19 and is the leading standard of prepared facilities.
- Hand sanitizers will be widely available throughout the convention center.
- APA and the Moscone Center will have disposable masks available upon request.