Publications & Journals
- Free online subscription to The American Journal of Psychiatry ($327 savings) and the Residents' Journal, a forum for psychiatric trainees to share ideas and experiences in training, clinical practice, research and careers with colleagues.
- Free online subscription to, American Journal of Psychotherapy , APA's peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal published quarterly ($225 value)
- Free online subscription to Psychiatric Services ($159 savings), APA's monthly journal focusing on the delivery of behavioral health services in organized systems.
- Free online subscription to Psychiatric News, a bimonthly news service with articles on cutting-edge research and developments in the field of psychiatry, and the Psychiatric News Residents' Forum.
- Discount subscription to Focus: The Journal of Lifelong Learning in Psychiatry ($249 savings).
- A 25% discount on over 700 books in 29 languages, including some of the most used reference books by psychiatrists and DSM-5, through APA Publishing.
- Subscriptions to online newsletters, including Psychiatric News. Manage your communications options.
The Supplemental Education and Training (SET) program is a free online experience designed to help you build knowledge around psychiatry core competencies and learn about the business of medicine.
- Registration discount to APA Annual Meeting ($70 value) – earn up to 50 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™
- Registration discount to The Mental Health Services Conference (formerly IPS).
- Building a Career in Psychiatry: a guide on important non-clinical topics that are infrequently included in undergraduate or graduate medical curricula. (Coming soon.)
- A Resident's Guide to Surviving Psychiatric Training, 3rd Edition (.pdf) – Written by psychiatric residents, for psychiatric residents, this recently updated and indispensable guide covers more than 40 topics, from tips to advocating and negotiating for yourself to a roadmap for your admission and progress notes and dealing with managed care in the outpatient setting.
- Resident and medical student poster competition provides opportunities to share your research projects and practice experiments at the Annual Meeting.
- APA JobCentral: Online career search & recruitment