Best Practices for Psychiatrists
Social media can be an important tool for psychiatrists to connect with mental health and medical communities. APA member Drew Ramsey, M.D., and the APA communications department will help you get started on social media. In this video you'll learn about the unique value you can bring to social media as a psychiatrist, which platforms work best for different purposes, and how to create engaging content.
APA’s Social Media Accounts
The APA uses social media to support its mission, vision and values, and to share APA activities and the latest developments within the field of psychiatry. Follow the APA on your social media of choice.
- Main account: @APAPsychiatric
- Healthy Minds: @APAHealthyMinds
- APA Publishing: @APA_publishing
- APA Journals: @APAPubJournals
- Psychiatric News: @PsychiatricNews
- APA President: @Pres_APA
- APA CEO and Medical Director: @SaulLevinMd
- American Psychiatric Association: @AmericanPsychiatricAssociation
- APA Healthy Minds: @APAHealthyMinds
- APA Publishing: @APAPublishing
- Psychiatry Online: @PsychiatryOnline
- DSM-5-TR: @DSMofMentalDisorder