APA launches a new online Learning Center Summer 2023
To improve your experience, APA and SMI Adviser will be launching an enhanced Learning Center to meet your current and future learning needs.
Learn more about how this transition affects APA Education Center and SMI Adviser customers and their current course enrollments and credit claims here.
What Is the Learning Center?
The APA Learning Center is the integrated home for all your education needs. Complete educational activities within our system to earn CME credit, meet MOC requirements, and learn new skills. Completed activities are automatically reflected on your APA Transcript. You can even record activities from other CME providers on your transcript using our External Certificate feature.
Who Can Access the Learning Center?
Anyone. To get started, log in to your APA account here and select an activity. Don't have an account? No problem. You don't have to be an APA member – create a new user account here for free.
What Types of Activities Are Available?
We have 200+ activities in the Learning Center Catalog. Many are offered for free or at a minimal cost. APA Members always get the best price.
You can use the Learning Center to:
Focus on a Specific Topic Area
- Filter courses by subject area, ABPN core competency.
- Select your topic preferences to view recommended courses that fit your learning needs.
- Browse major topic areas throughout psychiatry.
Learn in Different Ways
- Live Events: meetings or webinars with attendance certificates retrievable in the Learning Center. Credit for The Mental Health Services Conference and the Annual Meeting are automatically recorded on your transcript.
- On Demand: single module courses on a focused topic.
- On Demand Plus: multi-module courses offering a deeper exploration of material through rich content and enhanced features, typically completed over a longer time period.
Get More From Articles and Books
- Study Guide CME: Complete short quizzes corresponding to selected American Psychiatric Publishing textbooks.
Meet MOC and MOL Requirements
- Performance in Practice (PIP): 3-stage chart review modules. Approved by the ABPN for MOC Part 4 (Performance Improvement)*.
- Self-Assessment: a multiple-choice exam with peer comparison, to help users identify clinical strengths and areas for further study. Approved by the ABPN for MOC Part 2 (Self-Assessment)*.
* APA reports member CME credit directly to ABPN