About the 2022 Annual Meeting
APA’s Annual Meeting is the premier psychiatry event of the year. This year, APA is gathering in-person for the first time since 2019, in the birthplace of jazz, New Orleans!
Our attendees’ safety is fundamental, as is flexibility for those who need it. APA is offering both the in-person experience in New Orleans and an online option connecting you from your home to the foremost scientific program in psychiatry.
Whichever way you prefer to attend, it’s a chance to reconnect with your peers and reinvigorate your practice.
With 300+ educational sessions and courses covering 50+ topics, APA’s Annual Meeting is the best place to connect with colleagues, get the latest in scientific advances, and meet your certification and licensure requirements.
This year’s meeting features a deep and timely discussion of the social determinants of mental health: the factors outside our offices and within our patients’ communities that influence the mind, from COVID, to inequity, to education, and much more.
There’s also a new clinical updates track with practical pearls of wisdom; a research track hosted by NIDA, with sessions also from NIAAA and SAMHSA; and a special technology track to help you stay up to date on the major changes to clinical practice brought about by the pandemic.
Choose Your Experience
Annual Meeting Experience in New Orleans
Held May 21-25, in-person attendees have the best of both worlds, with access to the online meeting held later in June also included with in-person registration.
Best for those looking for maximum live education CME, in-person networking, a robust exhibit hall, and camaraderie as an addition to your educational experience.
- Registration to the in-person event in New Orleans, providing 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Complimentary registration to the Online meeting June 7-10, providing 16.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Total CME for this experience: 46.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Access to all session recordings with the full On-Demand product by selecting the "Gold" registration at checkout (75 CME)
- Posters (In-Person and Online)
- Exhibit Hall Access
- Non-CME presentations (Product Showcases, Huddles, Coffee & Conversations)
Annual Meeting Experience, Presented Online
Held June 7-10, Tuesday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET, and Friday 11:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. ET. Attendees gather for the virtual event with 100+ select sessions, with the same great content, interactive peer networking, and access after the event to an On-Demand package just for virtual attendees.
Best for those who want access to educational content with the flexibility of a remote experience.
- Registration to the Online-only meeting June 7-10
- Online meeting provides 16.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Complimentary access to an On Demand package that provides an additional 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Total CME for this option: 46.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Posters Presented Online
- Reconnect With Colleagues and Friends – Whether in New Orleans or online, APA’s Annual Meeting brings together colleagues who share a mission: to improve the lives of their patients. Join us in the experience that works best for you, to connect with old friends and new faces about how to do just that.
- Engaging Sessions to Bring Home to Your Practice – Whether it’s an inspiring plenary session, a panel of experts on the new Clinical Track, or a poster breaking scientific news, our goal is that you leave Annual Meeting invigorated and with actions you can take right back to your office.
- Better Value – Whether you attend in New Orleans or online, our program is designed to ensure you can access the content and CME and MOC credits you need. In-person attendees are eligible for 46.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ credits, and online attendees are eligible for 36.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ credits.
Who Should Attend?
The Annual Meeting is designed for both psychiatrists and all mental health professionals and advocates, including practicing, administrative, and consultative psychiatrists; researchers and educators of psychiatry; residents; and students. Whether you work in a private hospital, state mental health facility, correctional setting, or private practice, APA's Annual Meeting has something to offer you.
By participating in this meeting, you will:
- Describe new research findings in psychiatry and neuroscience and how they may impact practice.
- Apply quality improvement strategies to improve clinical care.
- Provide culturally competent care for diverse populations.
- Describe the utility of psychotherapeutic and pharmacological treatment options.
- Integrate knowledge of current psychiatry into discussions with patients.
- Identify barriers to care, including health service delivery issues.
Continuing Medical Education
The American Psychiatry Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The APA designates the Live Annual Meeting for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The APA designates the Virtual Annual Meeting for a maximum of 16.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
**Attendees can earn a maximum of 46 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ hours by attending both the live and virtual meetings.
APA is committed to providing a positive Annual Meeting experience to all attendees, including attendees with disabilities. If you require an auxiliary aid or service during the Annual Meeting, please submit your request via email to [email protected] by May 9, 2022. Mobility scooter rental is available through the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, at the UPS Store located in Lobby F, and arrangements can be made in advance using the Center’s Mobility Scooter Reservation Form.