- Clinical Style Adaptation
- Robert L. Caudill, M.D.
Clinical Style Adaptation
- The traditions of shared physical space have evolved over time.
- Sharing of communication in virtual space involves a modification of social conventions.
- Patients entering electronic equipment filled clinical space benefit from reassurance that they are truly interacting with a human rather than a machine.
- The videoteleconferencing environment requires the clinician to be purposeful with the technical parameters under their control.
- Shore, J. H., Savin, D. M., Novins, D., & Manson, S. M. (2006). Cultural aspects of telepsychiatry. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 12(3), 116-121.