The Council on Quality Care monitors developments and carries out activities to ensure that the highest standards and quality of care remain integral parts of the APA mission. The council oversees various fellowships and components such as committees, task forces, and work groups that fall within its purview.
Highlights of Responsibilities
Monitor and participate in initiatives and disseminate information in the following areas:
- Quality indicators (national quality measurement enterprise)
- Standards and survey procedures (national accrediting bodies)
- Psychotherapy by psychiatrists
- Patient safety
- Practice guidelines
- Electronic health records
- Committee on Mental Health Information Technology
- Committee on Performance Measurement
- Committee on Practice Guidelines
- Caucus on Psychotherapy
- Carol Alter, M.D. – Chair
- Margaret Balfour, M.D., Ph.D.
- Jacob Behrens, M.D. (ECP)
- Jaqueline Hobbs, M.D.
- Ray Hsiao, M.D. (ASM)
- Grayson S. Norquist, M.D.
- Kathryn Ridout, M.D., Ph.D.
- Bella Schanzer, M.D.
- Matthew Schneider, M.D., Ph.D.
- Maga Triche-Jackson, M.D.
- Eric Vanderlip, M.D., M.P.H.
- Bonnie Zima, M.D., M.P.H.
- Daniel Anzia, M.D. - Committee on Practice Guidelines, Chair
- John Torous, M.D.
- Natalie Feldman, M.D. – APA/APAF Leadership Fellow
- H. Yavuz Ince, M.D. – Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellow
- Youngjung Kim M.D., Ph.D. – Leadership Fellow
- Niesha Voigt, M.D. – SAMHSA Minority Fellow