The Research Colloquium for Junior Psychiatrists is presented by APA in conjunction with the APA Council on Research’s Workgroup on Research Training. The event includes a two-day, immersive, research experience for junior psychiatrists in the beginner-level (Track 1) and intermediate-level (Track 2) of their research training in psychiatry. It is an important opportunity for mentorship, guidance, information on research career development and grantsmanship, and networking with senior research mentors in psychiatry (i.e., Drs. Charles Nemeroff, Kerry Ressler, Anissa Abi-Dargham, and Wilson Compton) and from the sponsoring organizations. Candidates whose research interests are similar to those listed below are encouraged to apply.
The year-round program will focus on the following six research areas:
- Molecular, Translational, and Neuroscience Research
- Clinical Psychobiology
- Treatment from Psychopharmacology and Psychotherapy to Neural Strategies
- Alcohol, Pain, and Other Substance Use Research
- Health Disparities and Health Services Research
- Military and Veteran Mental Health Including PTSD, TBI, and Suicide
Colloquium participants must attend the following in-person events:
- Two-day Colloquium at the APA Annual Meeting on May 4-5, 2024.
- Six month Colloquium Booster Session at the ACNP Annual Meeting on December 7, 2024.
- 12-month Colloquium Booster Session at the SOBP Annual Meeting on April 23, 2025.