The APA Mentorship Program aims to help APA/APAF Fellows in their transition from Resident-Fellow to early career psychiatrist members in the APA.
The Program pairs current Fellows with fellowship program alumni to provide guidance and counsel as Fellows transition to practice, navigate their careers and become leaders in psychiatry.
The APA Mentorship Program Advisory Committee takes mutual professional interests, personal preferences and geographical location into consideration when matching selected Fellows with APA mentors.
The formal mentorship allows Fellows:
- Introductions to local APA chapters and national leadership
- First-hand knowledge of new and ongoing APA and APAF opportunities
- Expansion of professional networks
- Access to special educational opportunities
- Opportunity to participate APA advocacy
- Guidance to develop a successful scientific submission to APA conferences