Since 1949, the Psychiatric Services Achievement Awards have recognized creative models of service delivery and innovative programs for persons with mental illness or disabilities. Each year, APA bestows up to three awards.
$3,500 for gold, $2,000 for silver, $1,000 for bronze, Plaque, Award workshop, Coverage in Psychiatric News
Number of Awards
Up to three
Criteria / Eligibility
- Programs based in a U.S. or Canadian school, clinic, hospital, or community
- Programs that have made a significant contribution to the mental health field and provide an innovative model for others
- can provide unique human resource development, prevention, or administrative models that improve clinical care
Nomination / Application Details
- Verification of all eligibility requirements
- Verification of program's effectiveness and focus on quality improvement through use of quality assurance measures, quality improvement methods, UR, outcome measures, etc
- Documentation of program's staffing and the role of each staff member, including of the psychiatrist
- Documentation of involvement of individuals and families affected by mental illness, including those with lived experience, as well as outside communitystakeholders
- List of funding sources during the last fiscal year and amounts of funding
July 29, 2022
Presentation and award workshop during the 2022 Annual Meeting.