Since 1949, the Psychiatric Services Achievement Awards have recognized creative models of service delivery and innovative programs for persons with mental illness or disabilities. Each year, APA bestows up to three awards.
$3,500 for gold, $2,000 for silver, $1,000 for bronze, Plaque, Award workshop, Coverage in Psychiatric News
Number of Awards
Up to three
Criteria / Eligibility
- Programs based in a U.S. or Canadian school, clinic, hospital, or community
- Programs will be scored on the significance of their contribution to the mental health field and ability to provide an innovative model for others
Nomination / Application Details
- Verification of all eligibility requirements
- Verification of program's effectiveness and focus on quality improvement through use of quality assurance measures, quality improvement methods, UR, outcome measures, etc.
- Demonstration of the effective use of psychiatrist, peer specialists, and other staff members
- Examples of program having overcome obstacles or extending resources to further program missions
- Demonstration of involvement of individuals and families affected by mental illness, including those with lived experience, as well as outside community stakeholders
- List of funding sources during the last fiscal year and amounts of funding
- Significance of contribution to the field
- Level of innovation
- Demonstration of providing unique human resource development, prevention, or administrative models that improve clinical care
- Examples of applicant's program serving as model for other programs
July 29, 2022
Presentation and award workshop during the 2022 Annual Meeting.