Tips for a Great Annual Meeting Experience
The best way to get meeting updates, browse sessions and learn about program changes and locations at the Annual Meeting is through the APA Meetings App.
Download the app here on your mobile device.
Find sessions using the “Sessions” button, add a session to your agenda by clicking the plus button (+) to the right of the session title, and then view your schedule by clicking “My Agenda” at the top of the Sessions area.
With more than 300 sessions and courses, there are many options for your schedule–but be aware that rooms can fill quickly on popular topics. Here are tips to ensure a great experience:
- Verify Your Vaccination - Verify in advance via the app.sharemy.health website. Use your conference registration email address. You must verify your vaccination status. Waiting to verify onsite may mean a long wait in line prior to entering the meeting. Read about meeting safety considerations here. Once you submit your vaccination record and it is processed, you will receive an email from ShareMy.Health with "Passport" in the subject line. Search for this email to show to staff as you enter the registration area. When you arrive onsite, navigate to the lobby area outside Hall G.
- Print your Badge Confirmation and Save Time When You Arrive - The busiest time for badge pickup is Saturday morning. Registration and badge pickup is open Noon – 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 20 and begins at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 21. Print out your barcode or have it ready on your phone – look for the email from “APA22” with “#APAAM22 - Know Before You Go” in the subject line. The Express Registration area at the meeting is for badge pickup.
- Plan Ahead with the App - Add your favorite sessions to your agenda, but also consider bookmarking nearby sessions at the same time, in case your preferred session is full. Sessions on similar topics are located nearby. Your onsite registration gives you access to the online meeting in June, where some sessions will be re-broadcast – look for sessions with the “Virtual Meeting” tag. Many sessions will also be available in the On Demand package.
- Watch for Session Overflow Notifications in the App & Bring Headphones - Popular sessions can fill to capacity at the Annual Meeting. When this happens, and the session is in a streaming-capable room, your selected session will likely broadcast audio and slides to an overflow room. Find out which sessions are available in the venue’s overflow rooms by clicking on the “Wall” button in the APA Meetings App. Sessions streamed to an overflow room will be noted on the top of this thread. Bring your headphones! You’ll listen to the presentation with your personal device while watching on the large screen in the overflow room.
- Consider APA Annual Meeting On Demand - More than half of the sessions at the Annual Meeting are recorded and available after the Annual Meeting through APA’s On Demand product. On Demand can enhance your Annual Meeting experience by allowing you to view sessions you are unable to attend. Check which sessions will be covered by On Demand by looking for the “D” graphic in the session description in the Guide to the Annual Meeting or the “APA Annual Meeting On Demand” tag in the app.