Addictions Update 2023
- APA Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Thursday, July 27 - Friday, July 28
- Registration Coming Soon - Sign up for Alerts to Be Notified
Join us for an evening welcome reception on Thursday, July 27 and a one-day learning immersive on Friday, July 28 hosted by APA President-elect Petros Levounis, M.D., M.A., and leading experts Smita Das, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H., and Carla Marienfeld, M.D.
- Learn from the APA President and leading addiction experts
- Interactive, fun, engaging, evidence-based, with no PowerPoints!
- Explore APA’s Headquarters at the beautiful D.C. Wharf
- Attend an evening reception and network with APA members
This event is intended for mental health clinicians who would like to sharpen their clinical skills in caring for individuals with substance use disorders and behavioral addictions.
- Current understanding of biology of addictions
- The state-of-the-art psychopharmacology of tobacco, alcohol, and opioid use disorders
- Techniques for integrating psychosocial and pharmacological interventions in addiction treatment approaches
Catering of breakfast, lunch, and the pre-seminar reception/dinner will be offered to attendees throughout the summit.