Join APA’s New Caucus on the Social Determinants of Mental Health
The Caucus on the Social Determinants of Mental Health (SDoMH) serves as a forum for APA members to discuss, develop, and promote ideas related to the social and political determinants of health; the environmental conditions where people are born, live, learn, work, play, and worship, and age; and the policies that underlie them. This list of factors this encompasses is expansive and includes housing, climate change, physical and emotional safety, racism and discrimination, nutrition, economic stability, neighborhoods, the built environment, health care access and quality, and many more.
This caucus was formed in 2022 as a final recommendation of the APA Social Determinants of Mental Health Task Force. The caucus meets virtually on a monthly basis and is looking forward to its first in-person gathering at APA’s 2023 Annual Meeting in San Francisco, May 20-24. Email [email protected] with any questions or comments.
APA members may join this caucus to receive updates and attend future meetings. Please see below for instructions on how to opt-in to APA Caucuses:
- “Sign In” to your APA profile with the email associated with your membership at my.psychiatry.org.
- Hover your cursor over “Psychiatrists” and select “Awards & Leadership Opportunities” from the dropdown.
- Under the “Leadership Opportunities” header, select “APA Caucuses.”
- Under “Join a Caucus,” select “Join Today.”
- Select the boxes next to the caucuses you wish to join and then select “Save.”