The Simon Bolivar Award, established in 1975, honors a prominent advocate for Hispanics and is designed to sensitize APA members to the mental health problems and goals of Hispanics. Funded by Eli Lilly and Company and Pfizer Inc.
$500, Plaque, Award lecture
Criteria / Eligibility
Candidates for the award should be of Hispanic descent.
Nomination / Application Details
- Nominations can be submitted at apply.psychiatry.org
- An open call for nominations will be published in APA communications.
- Self-nominations and nominations by a colleague are accepted.
- Nominations must include the following information:
- A Letter of Recommendation
- The nominee’s current CV and bibliography.
After the APAF Board of Directors confirms the awardees, typically in November.
Award presented at the APA Annual Meeting at the Bolivar Lecture.