It’s time to register for the 2017 APA Annual Meeting in San Diego, taking place May 20-24. This year’s meeting features more than 450 innovative and interactive scientific sessions on mental health. View our Preliminary Program Guide and download our Annual Meeting app to learn more.
Before you register, please review the News Media Policy below for complete information on our guidelines for admitting credentialed press to the APA Annual Meeting.
Press registration at the APA annual meetings is extended to:
- Working journalists on assignment including photo journalists, videographers, producers, web-based media, writers of the general mental health and medical press, and news staff from journals.
- Non-profit organization public relations staff may sign up to serve as the press liaisons for their group or organization (limit of two per organization). Call APA Communications, 703-907-8640, to register.
Press registration at APA annual meetings is NOT extended to:
- Non-news editorial staff of publications
- Advertising, marketing or publishing staff or administrative personnel
- Freelancer writers not on assignment from a media outlet
- Communications/public relations staff persons from (or representing) a for-profit company
- Organizations that primarily produce audio/video continuing education resources
- Individuals based on previous registration (must re-credential each year)
Annual Meeting Newsroom
The Annual Meeting Newsroom serves as a media briefing room and work place for press. The Newsroom is managed and staffed by the APA Office of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs. Computers and internet access are provided. APA news releases, a schedule of briefings and other information will be available.
|Newsroom Hours in San Diego
||8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PDT
||8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. PDT
- Information presented at the Annual Meeting is the responsibility of the presenters and does not represent the views, policies or positions of the APA. Any event not listed in the Annual Meeting program should not be reported as happening in association with or as having any relationship to APA.
- Camera crews are not allowed in the convention center unless accompanied by APA communications staff. Camera crews must obtain credentials in the Newsroom prior to covering any event.
- Press may audio/video/photograph except when patient confidentiality might be compromised or a presenter specifically requests no audio/video/photography by press.
- Press may attend scientific sessions (except those limited to APA members) as observers, not participants. Interaction with presenters and attendees is permitted before and after the session.
Credentialed press who fail to comply with these guidelines will forfeit their press credentials and admittance to this Annual Meeting and possibly future APA meetings. APA reserves the right to deny or terminate press privileges to credentialed press or non-profit public relations staff at any time prior to or during the meeting.
CME credit will not be granted with press registration. Paid registration is required for CME credit.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-907-8640.