Candidate for 2024
Area 4 Trustee
Suzanne J. Sampang M.D. is a Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. She serves as Senior Medical Director in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center with a focus on access, safety, and patient and family experience.
Dr. Sampang graduated medical school from the University of the East in Manila, Philippines, then completed psychiatry residency at University of Cincinnati and fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. She served as training director of the fellowship program from 2005-2019, where she received many awards as an outstanding supervisor and teacher. She was Vice Chair for Education from 2013-2018.
She has held leadership roles, both locally and nationally. She is a past President of the Cincinnati Psychiatric Society, the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Council of Cincinnati and Dayton, and the Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association. She has served in the House of Delegates of the Ohio State Medical Association. A Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, she has served in the Assembly and was a member of the Rules Committee. She is a former board examiner for the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. She is a lifelong educator and served on the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Psychiatry Review Committee 2016-2023, chairing the committee 2020-2023.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, University of Cincinnati (2001-2003)
- Psychiatry Residency, University of Cincinnati (1998-2002)
- M.D., University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center, Philippines (1997)
- B.A., Zoology, Miami University (1992)
Awards and Honors
- "Top Doctors", Cincinnati Magazine (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- President's Award for Outstanding Contribution as APA Representative, Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Award (2022)
- President's Award in Recognition of Outstanding Service, Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association (2017)
- Excellence in Mental Health Care Award: Exemplary Psychiatrist-Children, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Southwest Ohio (2016)
- "Top Doctors", Cincinnati Business Courier (2015)