Heather Hauck, M.D.
Candidate for 2023 Area 5 Trustee
A Message from the Candidate
Heather Hauck, M.D. is serving as Head of Behavioral Health Services at Naval Hospital Rota, Spain where she leads delivery of general psychiatry and addiction services to US military beneficiaries across the Iberian Peninsula and other areas of Western Europe. In addition, she works as an addiction psychiatrist for American Analytical Medical Services in San Diego, CA. She also holds a position as an assistant professor of psychiatry at the Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Hauck has formally served as the Head and Clinical Director of the Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program running Partial Hospital and Intensive Outpatient Programs at Camp Lejeune, NC as well as sole, active duty psychiatrist for the Marine Air Wing at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, NC.
Dr. Hauck is a Fellow of the APA. She is currently serving a second term as Assembly Representative for the Society of Uniformed Services Psychiatrists. In that role, she has authored or co-authored seven action papers with one resulting in a published position statement. She also served three years as the chair of the Assembly Committee for the DSM. Additionally, Dr. Hauck is the sole psychiatrist serving on the Executive Advisory Committee for the Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program for the Navy’s Bureau of Medicine and Surgery. She is the Navy representative for the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Disorders Research Program for the Defense Health Agency. Dr. Hauck has also served as chair or member of many other committees and working groups across the Department of the Navy. Dr. Hauck has also been an invited speaker for general and addiction psychiatry across the Department of Defense.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology with Neuroscience, Pennsylvania State University
- Doctor of Medicine, Uniformed Services University
- Psychiatry Residency, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA
- Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Joint Professional Military Education Phase 1, Naval War College
- Master of Business Administration, American Military University (in progress)
Awards and Honors
- Humanitarian Service Medal, NMRTC Rota, Spain (2021, 2020)
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, NMRTC Camp Lejeune, NC (2020)
- Humanitarian Service Medal, NMRTC Camp Lejeune, NC (2018)
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, NHC Cherry Point, NC (2016)
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, NMC Portsmouth, VA (2014)
- Junior Officer of the Quarter, NMC Portsmouth, VA (2014)
- Psychiatry Intern of the Year, NMC Portsmouth, VA (2011)