Named after APA’s first international medical graduate (IMG) president, the George Tarjan Award, established in 1992, recognizes a physician who has made significant contributions to the enhancement of the integration of IMGs into American psychiatry.
$500, Plaque, Award lecture
Criteria / Eligibility
Candidates for the award should be a medical doctor who has made significant contributions to the enhancement of the integration of IMGs into American psychiatry.
The Chair of the Caucus of IMG Psychiatrists convenes a selection committee to review nominees.
Nomination / Application Details
- Nominations can be submitted at apply.psychiatry.org
- An open call for nominations will be published in APA communications.
- Self-nominations and nominations by a colleague are accepted.
- Nominations must include the following information:
- A Letter of Recommendation.
- The nominee’s current CV and bibliography.
After the APAF Board of Directors confirms the awardees, typically in November.
Award presented at the APA Annual Meeting during the Tarjan Award Lecture.