The Alexandra Symonds Award — established in 1997 in memory of Alexandra Symonds, M.D., an APA Fellow and co-founder of the Association of Women Psychiatrists — recognizes and honors a female psychiatrist who has made significant contributions to promoting women’s health and the advancement of women.
$500, Plaque, Award lecture
Criteria / Eligibility
Candidates for the award should be a Female psychiatrist who has made significant contributions to promoting women's health and the advancement of women.
Selection CriteriaThe selection committee switches every other year between the Association of Women Psychiatrist and the Caucus of Women Psychiatrists as a co-sponsored award.
Nomination / Application Details
- Nominations can be submitted at apply.psychiatry.org
- An open call for nominations will be published in APA communications.
- Self-nominations and nominations by a colleague are accepted.
- Nominations must include the following information:
- Letter of Reccomendation
- The nominee's current CV and bibliography.
After the APAF Board of Directors confirms the awardees, typically in November.
Award presented at the APA Annual Meeting during the Symonds Award Lecture