Certificate of Recognition
Criteria / Eligibility
Nominees must be members of APA District Branches and State Associations and must be nominated by the District Branch.
The Bruno Lima Award in Disaster Psychiatry recognizes outstanding contributions of APA members in the care and understanding of the victims of disaster. This includes members of APA District Branches and State Associations who epitomize the APA’s highest ethical, clinical, and professional standards, while engaged in one or more of the following activities:
- Providing consultation, education, training and awareness on mental health and disaster issues
- Providing direct service delivery as part of a disaster response team
- Designing disaster response plans
- Contributions include designing disaster response plans, providing direct service delivery in time of disaster, or in disaster consultation, education, and/or research
The selection committee is comprised of the membership of the Committee on Psychiatric Dimensions of Disaster (CPDD). The committee reviews the nominations and votes on which nominee(s) should be recommended to the Council on Research using the above selection criteria. The final selection will be forwarded to the Joint Reference Committee and the APA Board of Trustees for final approval.
Nomination / Application Details
- An open call for nominations will be published in APA communications.
- Self-nominations and nominations by a colleague are accepted with support from the District Branch President.
- Nominations must include the following information:
- Cover sheet to include:
- Nominee Name, Email, Preferred contact number.
- Nominator Name, Email, Preferred contact number (if not a self-nomination).
- Abbreviated CV (maximum five pages inclusive of notable contributions to disaster psychiatry.
- Maximum two-page narrative, demonstrating how the nominee exemplifies the selection criteria.
- Nomination letter signed by DB president, including a description of the DB selection process, a one-page description of the activities for which the individual is nominated, and a description of the disaster event(s).
- Any other supporting documentation.
July 31 of each year. Submissions will not be considered if they are incomplete or submitted after the deadline.
Awardee will be notified no later than January 31.
The award is presented during the Early Research Career Breakfast on Tuesday morning at the APA Annual Meeting.
Division of Research
Administration Liasion to CCPD