Technical Specifications & Troubleshooting for the Virtual Meeting
General Best Practices
Follow these basic guidelines for the best possible experience using Socio, our Event Platform & Meetings App provider.
🔼 Use the latest version of Google Chrome
Use Google Chrome for the best experience with Video Rooms, and make sure it's fully up to date. If there's a button in the top right corner of your Chrome window that says "Update", click the button, and then click Update Google Chrome. You won't lose your open browser tabs, though you may need to sign into the event again. Make sure you save any unsaved changes to your tabs before you update.
💻 📱 Use a computer or smartphone
Socio works best in the Chrome browser on a laptop or desktop computer, or with the app installed on a smartphone. Tablets such as iPads tend to work just okay, but aren't optimal and we don't recommend using them.
📄 Add Socio domains and emails to allowlists
If you're having access issues, you may need your IT staff to add domains and emails to your network's allowlist, particularly if you're on a managed network at an institution. You can provide IT personnel these domains: click this link for the list of domains.
🔓 Log out of your VPN
If you're using a VPN, some aspects of the Web App may not work properly, depending on the VPN's configuration.
Keep in mind, if you're using a VPN to access Socio’s products from a country where they're unavailable, we can't guarantee results or offer support for issues you may encounter.
You can turn on Live Caption for media you play in Chrome. Use Live Caption in Chrome
Live Caption is only available in English.
Follow these steps to turn on Live Caption in Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More or the three dots graphic, and then Settings.
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Advanced and then Accessibility and then Captions.
- Turn on Live Caption.
If you've followed the best practices listed above, you should have an awesome experience! These basic troubleshooting steps are a quick way to try to resolve problems you may encounter.
- 🔁 Refresh the page. Sometimes, it really is that simple.
- For Windows, press Ctrl, Shift, and R at the same time to "hard refresh" the browser tab.
- For Mac, press Cmd, Shift, and R at the same time to "hard refresh" the browser tab.
- 👋 Log out and back in by clicking your avatar in the bottom left corner (Web App) or top right corner (Platform) of the screen, and click Log Out, then simply log back in.
- 🐱👤 Go incognito:
Sometimes your browser may have stored settings or information for a site that prevents some aspects of it from working. A quick way to test this is to open the event in an Incognito window. In Google Chrome, simply click the three dot icon below the browser's close button, and click "New Incognito window."
Still Having an Issue?
If you're having problem using the Socio platform, technical support is available in a Webex room (like Zoom). It will require you to use Webex - see below for help.
- Access the Webex Socio Support Room with This Link
- Meeting number: 2571 755 8342
- Password: m35MVEKWS28 (63568359 from phones)
- Access Webex Socio Support by Phone
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-525-6800
- Access code: 257 175 58342
- Support Hours (all times ET):
- June 7-9: 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- June 10: 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
If you do not know your registration email address or credentials, email [email protected].
If you have a question about the program, email [email protected].
Platform Support with the Webex Tool
Support during the event will be provided via a Webex Room. Please ensure you are able to access Webex via your desktop or mobile device prior to the Meeting.