Criteria / Eligibility
Nominees must be APA members who are faculty psychiatrists, either salaried or voluntary, who teach residents at each training institution. The nominating institution may nominate only one candidate for each faculty category (voluntary and salaried).
The Selection Committee is comprised of members of the Council on Medical Education and Lifelong Learning. The committee will select an award recipient using the above criteria. The final selection will be forwarded to the Joint Reference Committee and the APA Board of Trustees for final approval.
Nominees for this award should have demonstrated evidence of work that includes outstanding contributions as a faculty member for at least three consecutive years.
Nomination / Application Details
- An open call for nominations will be published in APA communications.
- Nominations may be made by a department Chair.
- Nominations must include the following information:
- Cover Sheet to include:
- Nominee Name, Email, Preferred contact number.
- Nominator Name, Email, Preferred contact number (if not a self-nomination).
- Abbreviated CV (maximum two pages)
- Completed Chairperson Endorsement Form
- Letter(s) of recommendation from the department chair and/or psychiatry residency training director documenting nominee's specific and sustained contributions to resident education, including didactics, rounds, supervision, and excellence in different settings (e.g., psychiatry emergency services, inpatient, outpatient, community mental health, and specialized settings)
- Maximum two-page narrative, demonstrating how the nominee exemplifies the selection criteria.
June 1 of each year. Submissions will not be considered if they are incomplete or submitted after the deadline.
Awardee will be notified no later than January 31.
Awardee will receive the award and give an award lecture at the APA Annual Meeting. Awardees will also be posted on APA’s website.
- Yadi Belay, Director, Office of Accreditation and Compliance at [email protected]
- Ashley Turner, Program Manager, Office of Accreditation and Compliance at [email protected]