View the schedule for key events at the 2016 Annual Meeting in Atlanta.
View information that will assist you in every facet of exhibiting, advertising, and sponsorship opportunities.
About APA's Annual Meeting
Join your colleagues from across the U.S. and over 50 other countries for the psychiatry event of the year
Why Should You Attend?
- Earn your annual state licensure CME credit at one meeting.
- Discover cutting-edge science and new therapies.
- Learn from renowned thought leaders in the areas of health policy and ethics.
- Reconnect with your peers and expand your professional network.
- Explore the exhibit hall for innovative treatment options and new technologies.
The dynamic nature of mental health means you need to stay on top of advances to better serve your patients. What better way to do this than to learn from the world's largest and longest-serving psychiatric organization? The voice and conscience of modern psychiatry, the American Psychiatric Association currently represents a growing membership of 36,000 psychiatrists globally. Our member physicians work together to ensure humane care and effective treatment for all persons with mental disorders.
The APA Annual Meeting was established in 1844. With over 150 years of success, it remains the premier gathering in psychiatry today because it delivers maximum value. The Scientific Program will feature a variety of innovative sessions and inspiring Courses with tracks focusing on changing the practice and perception of psychiatry. The Annual Meeting is not just a meeting, it is a complete experience of continual growth engaging you to learn from renowned experts, earn credits, build peer relationships, discover ground-breaking technology, and understand new therapies and treatment options.
Who Should Attend?
Over five days those who will shape the future of psychiatry will come together under one roof. The Annual Meeting is designed for all mental health professionals and advocates including practicing, administrative, and consultative psychiatrists, researcher and educators of psychiatry, residents, and students. Whether you work in a private hospital, state mental health facility,
correctional setting, or private practice APA's Annual Meeting has something to offer you.
Interesting Facts about the Annual Meeting
- The Annual Meeting is booked at least ten years in advance to obtain the necessary meeting space and sleeping rooms. Dates are held through 2027 now.
- We strive for a geographical rotation based on adequate accommodations and availability.
- Approximately 7,000 hotel sleeping rooms are needed on peak night to house meeting attendees, exhibitors, and staff.
- The commercial/educational exhibits, APA Member Center, APP Bookstore, and the registration area require a minimum of 275,000 gross square feet of space. Over 300 10x10 booths are used for the exhibit program.
- Approximately 100-135 concurrent meeting rooms are used for scientific sessions, Courses, allied and committee activities, and operational office space.
- Approximately 50 temporary personnel are employed to assist with registration, course monitoring, etc.
During peak "people-moving" periods, about 50 motor coaches are in use.