The 2022 Annual Meeting is offering its first hybrid meeting with live sessions in New Orleans and a virtual meeting in June.
Those attending in person will experience an incredible program with lectures from leaders in the field covering the full spectrum of psychiatry—paired with the opportunity to see old friends and make new ones in a fabulous city. Attendees in-person also get complimentary access to the virtual program in June. Thus, the total CME available for this experience is 46.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Given the uncertainty of COVID-19, institutional travel restrictions, clinical work, and family responsibilities, APA recognizes not everyone who wishes to attend the meeting in person will have that opportunity. What is unique about APA2022 is the virtual-only attendee option for people unable to make it to New Orleans. The virtual program combines content captured during the in-person meeting with over 15 sessions unique to the virtual only component. Those who attend virtually also receive complimentary access to a limited On-Demand package after the virtual program. The total CME available for this educational experience is 36.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
The virtual meeting most certainly will not be a rehashed version of the in-person meeting. It will include live Q&A with speakers, live networking with peers, access to a virtual art exhibit and more. Of special fun will be the second virtual MindGames, where residency teams from across the country compete in a Jeopardy-like competition. The virtual MindGames was a fabulous success last year. The virtual poster hall with over 1000 posters is also a must see. Attendees can engage with presenters on their research and findings from the virtual platform.
APA2022 has something for everyone, you get to determine the experience that works best for you, to:
- Participate in fascinating and powerful conversations on the social determinants of mental health.
- Hear from experts on emerging trends and research that will impact your practice.
- Join a new track at the meeting, Clinical Updates. The track will include experts in:
- Anxiety disorders,
- Eating disorders,
- Mood disorders,
- Obsessive-Compulsive disorders,
- Personality disorders,
- Sexual disorders and Gender Dysphoria,
- Sleep disorders, and
- Substance use disorders.
- Drs. Petros Levounis (APA President-elect-elect),
- George Koob (NIAAA),
- Nora Volkow (NIDA),
- Charles Nemeroff,
- Andrew Skodal (APA 2022 Distinguished Psychiatrist),
- Evelyn Attia,
- Timothy Walsh,
- Jennifer Downey,
- Alan Schatzberg,
- Blair Simpson, and
- Lisa Dixon.
- Meet with new colleagues, reconnect with old friends, and interact with psychiatrists and mental health advocates from around the world.
We welcome you in New Orleans in May and Virtually in June!
Philip R. Muskin, MD, MA, DLFAPA, LFACLP,
Member, Scientific Program Committee
No results found