APA’s Steering Committee on Practice Guidelines invites public review and comment on the draft Practice Guideline for the Pharmacological Treatment of Patients with Alcohol Use Disorder.
The deadline to comment is March 17, 2017.
The draft guideline was developed following the APA guideline development process, which was adopted in 2011 to align with the National Academy of Medicine’s (formerly the Institute of Medicine) recommendations for trustworthy clinical practice guidelines. This guideline was drafted based on a systematic review of the available evidence conducted by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Guideline statements are based on the balance of possible benefits and harms of the recommended actions as discussed in the text. Additionally, the draft guideline includes strategies and caveats when implementing the recommendations, a review of available evidence, areas for future research, and a discussion of the appropriateness of the recommendations to inform quality improvement activities.
This document is a draft only and does not yet represent official APA policy. The document is copyright 2017, American Psychiatric Association. No part of the document may be reproduced except as permitted under Sections 107 and 108 of U.S. Copyright Act.
Download Draft Guideline
How to Comment
Comments should be submitted via email to email@example.com, with Word attachments preferred. You can download the comment form here. Please focus your input on the guideline content as errors in grammar or punctuation will be addressed through the copyediting process.
Please include the following information with each comment:
- Reference each comment by page and line number.
- Include a reference or rationale for your comment.
- Disclose any relevant potential conflicts of interest, e.g., significant industry or other financial relationships you have that may be relevant to evaluating your comment.
- Include an email address and/or phone number where we can contact you for additional information about your input, if necessary.
- Everyone who submits comments will be acknowledged in the published guideline. Please list your name and academic degree or your organization name as you would like them to be listed.
Download Comment Form
For questions about this draft or the comment process, contact Seung-Hee Hong, APA Practice Guidelines, at firstname.lastname@example.org.