Get outside of the conference center and challenge the way you think about psychiatric research, treatment and care delivery.
- Tickets are $69 each.
- Tickets are available only to APA Annual Meeting registrants.
- Ticket sales close Saturday, April 3, 2017.
Limited capacity for each tour. Tickets available on a first come, first serve basis. Transportation provided and included in ticket price. Please email Nina Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
View the Available EduTours
Naval Medical Center San Diego Base Balboa and USNS Mercy Ship Tour
Tour major military treatment facilities and operational platforms used by the U.S. Navy. Participants will learn about the Wounded Warrior Battalion and Overcoming Adversity and Stress Injury Support (OASIS), a residential program that provides intensive mental health care to service members with combat-related mental health symptoms. Participants will also tour the simulation center and board the USNS Mercy, a leading U.S. Navy hospital ship.
- Limit: 70 attendees
- Restrictions: Due to the secure nature of the facilities, registrants for this tour must be U.S. Citizens.
- Monday May 22, 2017
- Pick up: 8:30 a.m.
- Drop off: 3:00 p.m.
EduTour Site and Schedule:
- Opening ceremony | Colors Ceremony
- Wounded Warrior Battalion Presentation
- U.S. Navy best practices presentations
- Simulation Center tour
- USNS Mercy Tour
Any cost for attending the APA EduTour is only intended only to cover expenses and the U.S. Government, Department of Defense, Department of the Navy, and Naval Medical Center San Diego are not endorsing or sponsoring the event.