APA members have access to a wide variety of practical assistance on day-to-day issues that arise in managing a practice: reimbursement, relationships with managed care companies, coding, documentation, Medicare, Medicaid, establishing a private practice, closing a practice, etc. You can access OHSF assistance by calling the Practice Management HelpLine at 800.343.4671, sending email to email@example.com or reviewing the resources available through links on this page.
Below are brief descriptions of information available in the this section.
- Coding – APA's OHSF maintains a coding network to answer members' specific coding questions. For general questions about Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding, call the HelpLine at 800.343.4671. If you have a question about how to code for a specific patient encounter, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Before sending a specific coding question please review instructions for using the coding network.
- Practice Management HelpLine – The HelpLine, 800.343.4671, puts you in contact with staff in the APA’s Office of Healthcare Systems and Financing who will provide assistance with problems you are encountering in your practice.
- Psychiatric Practice and Managed Care Newsletter – Published bi-monthly in Psychiatric News. Practice management information from the APA’s Office of Healthcare Systems and Financing.
- Practice Management for Psychiatrists: The Basics (formerly Practice Management for Early Career Psychiatrists) – A handy reference guide for any psychiatrist thinking of starting or changing a practice. Chapters can be downloaded separately as needed. [Member log in required.]
- Quick Practice Management Guides – A series of documents created for Members by the APA’s Office of Healthcare Systems and Financing exploring common practice management issues encountered by psychiatrists. If you are unable to download the documents you need, call the HelpLine, 800.343.4671.
For help with Mental Health Parity issues, send an email to email@example.com or call the HelpLine at 800.343.4671. To learn more about the parity law & its implementation visit the APA partnered site http://parityispersonal.org/.
For Medicare Part D issues, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HelpLine at 800.343.4671.
Meeting materials: Health Reform – Policy and Practice Implications for
Psychiatry, June 21-22, 2014 Chicago O’Hare Hilton Hotel; Chicago, IL