CMS E-VERIFICATION PROCESS
CMS requires a two-phase registration process. In phase one, physicians are required to complete CMS' e-verification process via the CMS Enterprise Portal (EIDM). (Step-by-step instructions)
1. Visit the CMS Enterprise Portal and select “New user registration”
2. Accept the terms and conditions, being sure to read the “Consent to monitoring” and “Collection of personal identifiable information” sections. Identity verification is required for all users requesting access to any CMS application.
3. Enter your personal information. You’ll speed up the verification process by completing all fields, including those that aren’t required.
4. Select your user ID, password and security questions.
5. Complete registration and wait for your confirmation email.
CMS has contracted with Experian, a respected credit-reporting company that also specializes in identity theft protection, to verify your identity. Experian cross-references your registration information to the financial information it already has on file but that only you would know, such as your mortgage amount. CMS does not access or retain this information. This process involves a soft credit check that does not affect your credit score.